Application User Setup
To allow the bot to operate, it must have access to the records in your D365 instance. It does this using an application user, which does not
consume a license.
Option 1: Automatic
Please enter the URL of your D365 instance below:
Option 2: Manual
- Go to the Power Platform Admin Center
- Select the correct environment, then click Settings
- Click "Users + permissions"
- Click "Users"
- Click "Manage users in Dynamics 365"
- Change to the "Application Users" view
- Click "New"
- Select the "Application User" form
Enter the details:
- Application ID:
- Click "Save and Close"
- Select the new application user from the list and click "Manage Roles"
- Select the "D365 Posts Bot" role and a role that gives at least Read and Append To access on all entities that can have posts and click "OK"
For this last step, the simple option is generally to use the same security role as you give your
regular salesperson users.